SABBAT - Mad Gods and Englishmen LP BOX
If the post-NWOBHM era threw up very little from the UK metal scene that could scare the world, then Sabbat were a shining, scarifying exception. From Nottingham, they were brave enough to ditch the cliches, and try a little experimentation and individuality in a music style that seemed, at that point, to be predicated on the obvious.
After two well received demos, Kerrang! magazine coverage and a session on BBC Radio 1’s, Friday Rock Show they signed to Noise Records where they produced two landmark albums of their unique, Pagan thrash metal; ‘History of A Time To Come’ (1988) and ‘Dreamweaver’ (1988). The writing duo of vocalist and lyricist Martin Walkyier combined with the song-writing prowess of guitarist Andy Sneap (now a producer in his own right and guitarist in Judas Priest) were ahead of their time and created two of the most significant albums of the late 80’s.
This box set includes (all LPs are on deluxe recycled vinyl):
• History Of A Time To Come (LP)
• Dreamweaver (LP)
• Live In East Berlin 1990 (2 x LP) - released in its entirety for the first time on vinyl
• BBC Radio 1 : Friday Rock Show Session (LP) - previously unreleased
• The End Of The Beginning (DVD) - - Live concert from Berlin released on DVD for the first time
• 32 page Lyric and Photo Book - contains rare and unseen photos
• Double Sided Poster
We Also Recommend
MAYHEM - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas 25th Anniversary 4CD BOX